ROAD RACE CANCELLED

After a course inspection earlier this evening, we have decided to cancel the race tomorrow. The race will be postponed to a later date in the new year.

Whilst the majority of the course is safe to run on, the pathway between Dawsholm road and the Kelvin is blocked by a huge ice sheet. This ice is several centimeters deep, stretches the full width of the path and affects around 50m of the course. As there is no way around this section, and no alternate route, we have no choice but to cancel the race due to the obvious safety issues.

We will try to set a new date for the race as quickly as possible, and pre-entries to tomorrows race will be carried over to the new date. However if anyone requires a refund, we will be able to arrange this in due course.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.